LA JOLLA HIGH SCHOOL 40-G WORKOUT SCHEDULE
1) WORKOUT # 1: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 2 220íS
2) WORKOUT # 2: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 2 220íS
3) WORKOUT # 3: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 3 220íS
4) WORKOUT # 4: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 3 220íS
5) WORKOUT # 5: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 4 220íS
6) WORKOUT # 6: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 4 220íS
7) WORKOUT # 7: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 5 220íS
8) WORKOUT # 8: SKILL PATTERN RUNNING POSITION WORKOUT & 5 220íS
9) WORKOUT # 9: 8 FULL SPEED 40íS & 6 220íS
10) WORKOUT # 10: 8 FULL SPEED 40íS & 6 220íS
11) WORKOUT # 11: 9 FULL SPEED 40íS & 7 220íS
12) WORKOUT # 12: 9 FULL SPEED 40íS & 7 220íS
13) WORKOUT # 13: 10 FULL SPEED 40íS & 8 220íS
14) WORKOUT # 14: 10 FULL SPEED 40íS & 8 220íS
15) WORKOUT # 15: 11 FULL SPEED 40íS & 9 220íS
16) WORKOUT # 16: 11 FULL SPEED 40íS & 9 220íS
17) WORKOUT # 17: 40-G TESTING 12 40íS AND 10 220íS
In order to make the 40-G Club you must run all 40ís within .2 seconds of your best 40 time in your testing sequence. For example, if your best time of the twelve was 4.8 seconds, none of your 40 times can be slower than 5.0 seconds.
Your 220 standard will be based on what your best recorded 40 time is when you test prior to the start of fall camp. For example, if your best 40 time is 5.2 you will take 52 and subtract 14, this equals 38. As such, you will be required to run all your 220ís in 38 seconds or better. So remember, all you have to do is subtract 14 from your best 40 time.
If you meet the standards you will be a 40-G Man. You will receive a T-shirt and will be exempt from the 220 testing during fall camp. However, even if you donít pass the test, you will not have to do the 220 testing. The key is to qualify for the week nine testing and this can only be done by making 13 or more workouts during the summer. In other words, you can miss four workouts and still qualify. For those of you who will be attending summer football camps we will make arrangements. Please note that we provide this latitude so that you will be able to tend to any family responsibilities such as a short vacation. We ask that you not skip training sessions simply because you havenít reached the disqualification stage. Players who do this show very little strength of character and exhibit poor leadership. You are on your honor.
Lastly, donít forget that the important thing is that you train and run during the summer. The 40-G club is simply an incentive to get you to run at school with your teammates and under the supervision of your coaches. Some of your schedules will not permit you to come to school on the running dates so you must run on your own. It is important that you make a commitment because once fall camp starts we will be able to tell who has and who hasnít trained. Donít sell yourself or your teammates short.